Like a charitable gift annuity (CGA), this new giving vehicle provides guaranteed payments to you or a loved one. It’s an easy way for you to supplement your retirement income, and it’s a gift that can provide tax advantages while most importantly supporting the University of Pennsylvania. The Penn Impact Annuity provides a way for your gift to have an immediate impact. In exchange for a gift of $25,000 or more Penn will provide guaranteed lifetime annuity payments at an attractive rate. You designate one of the University’s priorities to receive the first three years of payments.* Thereafter, you enjoy the advantage of the annuity payments. On termination of the annuity, the balance again supports Penn.
Benefits of a Penn Impact Annuity
- Immediate support for a program at Penn that you're most passionate about
- Supplement retirement income
- Attractive rates of return based on age of annuitant
- Guaranteed payments backed by the assets of the University
- Greater immediate charitable income tax deduction, given that the first three years of gift payments are included in the current charitable deduction
*Optional two year payment commitment for ages 75 and older